Feeling like your skin is dull and lifeless? Are you wondering why it doesn’t shine the way it used to? Now you can get your glow back with SkinPen® Microneedling treatments at Burgess Plastic Surgery. This is a safe and effective, minimally invasive procedure, and is performed in the comfort of our Lake Oswego office, with little to no downtime. SkinPen is the first FDA-approved Microneedling device, and many patients see results after just one treatment. Your skin will be looking so great that you can forget the Instagram filter and let your natural radiance shine through once again!
Dr. Burgess usually recommends the SkinPen for women and men of all skin types. This quick procedure is an excellent alternative for people who would like to avoid laser treatments or in addition to laser treatments. We can personalize your session based on your unique skin type, concerns, and goals to address a wide variety of skin issues including the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage, large pores, and even stretchmarks!
- Microneedling helps improve the skin texture with no discoloration of the skin.
- Microneedling isn’t limited to just facial treatments. We can use this device on many body parts due to the SkinPens’ ability to adjust the needle depth. Each treatment is customized for each patient’s needs.
- SkinPen is the first FDA approved microneedling device.
- Unlike at home devices, the SkinPen has a one-time use tip for each treatment, along with an adjustable needle length. Because we are using one tip per treatment, there is minimal risk of infection or scaring.
- Microneedling works in conjunction with our skincare lines to help reduce the signs of aging and acne. The Micro-channels created in the skin from microneedling allows our skin care products to reach a deeper layer of the skin.
- Microneedling has noticeable results after just one treatment!
- No injections, lasers, or sutures are needed for this procedure.
- Each treatment builds off of the previous one, and microneedling can be used in conjunction with some of our other skin care procedures, like Clear+Brilliant ® laser.
Microneedling with the SkinPen works by causing hundreds of tiny micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s own natural healing process. The tiny needles of the SkinPen device are very fine and short (the longest being just 3 mm in length) allowing them to penetrate only the uppermost layer of the skin, which is mostly made up of dead skin cells and debris, without damaging it. This superficial piercing action activates growth factors, which enables the creation of new collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid—which are the building blocks to youthful, healthy-looking skin. As an added bonus, you’ll also notice that your skincare products will go on more evenly and are more effective after your Microneedling session. And now you can reap even greater healing benefits by adding PRP to your SkinPen treatment!
You’ve probably heard the term PRP at some point in the last few years—and for good reason. PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is a substance that’s derived directly from your own body. Your blood contains platelets, which are vital elements to your immune system’s natural wound-healing process. Simply put, PRP is a concentrated form of your blood plasma with increased levels of those important healing elements. Adding PRP to your Microneedling treatments may promote even greater tissue regeneration and collagen production, as well as enhance the procedure’s overall effectiveness.
Be sure to discuss with Dr. Burgess or our other skincare providers about any concerns you may be having with your skin, as this treatment isn’t for everyone. You should not use SkinPen if you have active skin cancer in the treatment area; open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area; an allergy to stainless steel or anesthetics; a bleeding disorder or dysfunction; are pregnant or nursing; or are currently taking drugs that contain the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).