Burgess Plastic Surgery is excited to offer its newest skincare treatment, the microneedling device SkinPen. Microneedling is a nonsurgical procedure designed to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage, large pores, and even stretchmarks! The SkinPen Precision system is the ONLY Class II, FDA cleared microneedling device in the U.S. for acne scarring.
Microneedling simulates your skin’s natural ability to repair itself by creating thousands of precise micro injuries in the skin, stimulating the skin’s natural production of new collagen and elastin. The SkinPen microneedling device can treat many areas of the body, including the face, neck, chest, arms, hands, legs, abdomen, and back! Microneedling is an appropriate treatment for all skin types, regardless of skin color.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- Microneedling helps improve the skin texture with no discoloration of the skin.
- Microneedling isn’t limited to just facial treatments. We can use this device on many body parts due to the SkinPens ability to adjust the needle depth. Each treatment is customized for each patient’s needs.
- SkinPen is the only FDA approved microneedling device. This meaning there is minimal risk of infection or scarring, unlike some at home devices.
- Microneedling works in conjunction with our skincare lines to help reduce the signs of aging and acne. The Micro-channels created in the skin from microneedling allows our skin care lines to reach a deeper layer of the skin.
- Microneedling has noticeable results after just one treatment!
- No injections, lasers, or sutures are needed for this procedure.
- Each treatment builds off of the previous one, and microneedling can be used in conjunction with some of our other skin care procedures, like Clear+Brilliant ® laser.
A topical anesthetic is applied prior to the procedure, allowing for a much more tolerable experience. The provider will then use a pen like device with dozens of tiny needles that glides over the skin to create precise micro injuries triggering your skins natural regeneration process. Patients typically report feeling the vibration of the pen during the procedure, some have even described this procedure as less painful than having your eyebrows waxed. After the procedure, most patients experience swelling and redness for two to four days following, however, each individual healing time can vary. The total number of treatments needed varies depending on the patient’s aesthetics goals, with most requiring 3-5.
Mirconeedling with PRP
We are able to take your microneedling experience even further by adding in PRP to this procedure! Microneedling with PRP, or platelet rich plasma, is a treatment that utilizes the patient’s own blood to revitalize the skin. During the treatment we will draw a small amount of your own blood, which we place into a centrifuge to separate your plasma. This will be applied topically during your Skinpen treatment. Plasma contains high concentrate of platelets, stem cells, and growth factors helping your skin heal and produce new cells. When PRP is used with microneedling it is able to penetrate your skin through the tiny channels created. PRP and microneedling are combined to maximize your results and reduce your recovery time and increase your collagen production.