The reason that we always see men running along the beach with their bulging pecs is because they are constantly bench-pressing and doing push-ups all day long. Well chest exercises are not just for men, ladies! Working out your pectoral muscles will help lift your breasts while adding definition as well. Not to mention, all the health benefits that come with working out too. Do the following exercises two to three times per week and you will begin to see perkier pecs in about a month’s time!
The Pec Press
- Set a couple dumbbells on the ground and lie down on a stability ball or aerobics step in between them so that your back is on top of the ball/step with your shoulders free to move.
- Grab the weights
- Hold the weights near your armpits with your elbows pointing out and push the weights up until your arms are fully extended then lower the weights back down
- Do three sets of twelve repetitions and increase the weight as you grow stronger
The Modified Push-Up
- Get into the push-up position, but instead, bend knees and cross your ankles while keeping them up off the floor
- Keeping your back straight, push up with your arms with your face angled toward the ground
- Lower yourself back down, keeping a few inches between you and the floor
- Do three sets of ten repetitions.
- Stand slightly bent at the knee
- Grab both ends of a towel and hold it in front of you at about shoulder level
- Pull the towel in opposing directions at the same time using a pulsating motion while keeping the towel taut at all times
- Do three one minute sets
It’s that simple! Just three exercises about three times a week and you will begin to see the results in just a few short weeks.
If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts and are looking for a more dramatic change, a breast augmentation or a breast lift may be right for you. With a breast augmentation, you can have the fuller, natural-looking breasts that you want. While the chest exercises listed above will help to add some lift and tone to your chest, there is no way to increase size if you are looking to move up in cup size. Dr. Elisa Burgess is a board certified cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon driven to help you reach a new level of self-confidence. Dr. Burgess specializes in breast procedures such as breast lifts and breast augmentations, and as a woman, she prides herself in providing each of her patients with the look that they desire. Call us today and schedule your free consultation.
Please note: These are just exercising suggestions and should be tailored for your own health and history. You should seek guidance from an athletic trainer.